Requirements & Process
Click on marquee above for an on-line application!
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF RESERVE OFFICER
SHELBYVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
West Taylor Street
Applicant Screening Process
Shelbyville Police Department conducts an applicant screening process,
wherein perspective employees complete a written exam and a physical fitness
test. The applicants have to
meet certain criteria to be invited to take the written and physical exams. Those scoring at or above the designated criteria are invited
to a oral interview with the Police Advisory Board. A complete background investigation will also be conducted
upon completing the first phase. Based
on the Shelbyville Police Department selection criteria, successful
candidates are ranked, and placed on an eligibility list.
Upon completion, and a opening on the Shelbyville Police Department,
the candidate is given a comprehensive physical and psychological
completion of all phases results in a probationary appointment as a Police
· Be a citizen of the United States
· Be a high school graduate or equivalent
· Be at least 21 years of age, but not yet 36 years of age at time of appointment
· Reside in Shelby County or one of the five adjacent connecting counties.
· First year of service you will be required to live in Shelby County.
· Possess a valid drivers license
· Have the legal ability to possess a firearm
· Never have been convicted of a felony and satisfy any and all other requirements imposed by state and federal law and comply to all Shelbyville Police Department hiring standards Physical Agility Standards In addition to academic standards, the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board requires all academy recruits to maintain a level of physical fitness.
To be appointed to the Shelbyville Police Department, and to be admitted to the academy, the applicant must be able to complete the following:
ARE THE INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY (ILEA) MINIMUM STANDARDS!!!
· Vertical jump at least 16.5 inches
· Complete at least 29 sit-ups in 1 minute
· Complete at least 25 push-ups (no time limit)
· Complete a 300 meter run in 71 seconds or less
· Complete a 1.5 mile run in 16 minutes and 28 seconds or less
Police Department Compensation Package
$37,250.00 During Probationary Year.
$40,082.00 Permanent Police Officer or
ILEA Certified Police Officer Transferring From Another Agency.
or ILEA Certified Police Officer Transferring From Another Agency.
· Annual Clothing Allowance $450.00
· Take Home Vehicle (may vary depending of residence location)
· Family Health Insurance Plan
· 1977 Police Officer - Firefighters Pension Fund
· Step Plan
· Five Sick days per year
· Holiday Leave Time
· Five personal days per year
· Vacation: End of
1st year: 5 days
2nd year: 15 days
7th year: 20 days
12th year: 25 days
15+ years: 30 days
· Tactical Team (SWAT)
· Accident Investigation
· Police Instructor
· Field Training Officer
· Bicycle Patrol
· Crisis Negotiations
Any questions please contact Lieutenant Michael Turner:
Contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Shelbyville Police Dept. All Rights Reserved.